PANAJI: Entertainment Society of Goa’s Cinephile Film Club in association with the Film Critics Guild, will screen 5 short films from the Critics Choice Awards, on Thursday (4th May) at Maquinez Palace here at 6.30 pm.
Film Critics Guild member and curator of the Cinephile Film Club, Sachin Chatte will host the screening.
About the Short Films:
- Bittu (Dir. Karishma Dube, 17 mins) – Bittu is based on a true story of two little girls (10 and 8 years old), and an accidental poisoning in school. The film made it to the Oscar shortlist.
- 7 Star Dinosor Entertainment (Dir. Vaishali Naik, 19 mins) – This is a film about two brothers Sudhir and Vinod who perform as ‘dinosaurs’ at weddings and parties. The film won the Best Director and Best Writing at the Critics Choice Awards.
- Cycle (Dir. Devashish Makhija, 19 mins) – A film that has made waves at several festivals around the globe, Cycle is about a tribal woman who has been wronged.
- Kiss (Dir. Varun Grover, 16 mins) – Scriptwriter, lyricist and standup comedian Varun Grover’s film is a very sensitive take, shot in an art deco theatre, about our sensibilities and perception.
- The Silent Echo (Dir. Suman Sen, 16 mins) – This heart-melting film is about 4 kids who live in the mountains and wish to compete in a music competition. Shot in the most picturesque surroundings, the film was the winner of Best Short Film and Best Cinematography, at the recent Critics Choice Awards.
The annual membership for the Cinephile Film Club is open. Visit www.esg.co.in and register online.