Union Minister of State for Tourism, Shripad Naik graced the launch event of ‘PM Vishwakarma’ in Goa at a function held at IMB, Panaji today.
Agriculture Minister, Ravi Naik; Rajya Sabha MP, Sadanand Shet Tanavade; Joint Secretary, Ministry of Tourism, Govt of India, M R Synrem IAS, Principal Secretary (Finance), Dr. V. Candevelou (IAS), Director, Textiles Handicrafts and Coir, Govt of Goa, Arvind Bugde; Joint Director, Development & Facilitation Office, MSME Madgaon, Mukesh Kumar Meena, Assistant Collector, North Goa, Ayushi Kumari were also present.
The objectives of the PM Vishwakarma scheme are as follows:
• To enable the recognition of artisans and craftspeople as Vishwakarma, making them eligible to avail all the benefits under the Scheme.
• To provide skill upgradation to hone their skills and make relevant and suitable training opportunities available to them.
• To provide support for better and modern tools to enhance their capability, productivity, and quality of products and services.
• To provide the beneficiaries an easy access to collateral free credit and reduce the cost of credit by providing interest subvention.
• To provide incentives for digital transactions to
encourage digital empowerment of Vishwakarmas.
• To provide a platform for brand promotion and market linkages to help them access new opportunities for growth.